Site news

Re: Moodle 2.7

Picture of ASTA Digital Projects Officer
Re: Moodle 2.7
by ASTA Digital Projects Officer - Monday, 19 May 2014, 9:25 AM

Good morning all.

Some of you may have seen the announcement of this new stable release of Moodle with all its new features and system improvements. Currently, ASTA's Online Learning portal is using the most recent release of Moodle 2.6 (i.e. v2.6.3 to be exact).

This version seems to be meeting most people's needs and so, unless users have some burning need for us to upgrade, we won't be upgrading in the near future.

1. It will allow issues with the new version to be sorted out by the early adopters.
  2. Stability of the system is probably the most important consideration at this time of year.
  3. The ASTA home office is currently concentrating on the launch of its new ASSISTT website and the CONASTA conference.
  4. As part of my duties as Digital Projects Officer I am shortly going to be doing a review of ASTA's online assets.

Taking all these things into consideration, this upgrade won't be being considered until the middle of July. If anyone has issues with this decision, please contact me by personal email at online@asta.edu.au and we can discuss the matter and perhaps provide a solution to your needs by other means.

Have a nice day.

Phill Berrie, Digital Projects Officer, ASTA.